My first clumsy attempt at a drabble! by Biev

I decided to copy chiharu and do many short stories that form one big story, because 200 words isn't enough for anything to actually happen...

I'm not as funny as you guys though : P

-- First part --

Theme #26: Naked
...just kidding : D I went with "stripes".


The bell rang for the last time of the week at German Sausage High. As her students were rushing towards the door, Mrs. Pacman called one of the boys to her desk.

"Scott? Would you come here for a minute?"

Scotty cringed as his purple-eyed friend turned to give him a look that could only be interpreted as "What did you do this time?"

With a placid smile, the teacher waited for everyone to leave the room.

"Well! It's been a few weeks now. How are you getting used to your new school?", she asked cheerfully.

Scotty raised an eyebrow. He expected to hear something more along the lines of "Why did you draw green stripes all over your pants, and how long will it take you to wash it off?"

"Okay, I guess...?"

"Are you sure? I noticed you haven't been paying much attention in class lately."

"...Oh."

So that's what it was about... Of course she would have noticed. Nothing seemed to slip by Mrs. Pacman. She probably kept an eye on him at all times — she had caught him cheating on his first day, after all...

"Scott, I know you've been getting good grades in AP Calculus, but if you don't follow in class, you're still going to fall behind."

Scotty looked away. Mrs. Pacman's piercing glare was making him uncomfortable.

"...Scott?"

"Sorry. I'll, uh, try to pay attention."

His tone wasn't too convincing. In fact, even now, his mind seemed to be elsewhere. Mrs. Pacman sighed.

"You know... if something is bothering you, I'd be glad to help."

"This isn't something that can be solved like a math problem..." Scotty kept the thought to himself. It wasn't something he could share with a teacher. It wasn't something anyone could help him with.

CLAP! Mrs. Pacman put her hands together and grinned. She was always very enthusiastic.

"Then how about this? Since class gets a little boring for you, I'll make sure to keep you one step ahead of the other students. You can move to the front of the class, and be my little helper!"

"No!"

The boy almost screamed. The thought of having to change seats made him panic. He wanted to stay close to Adrian, even if that meant spending the entire class feeling sorry for himself and not being able to concentrate at all.

Mrs. Pacman gave him a puzzled look.

"I mean... I'm sorry, I'd rather... uh... Thanks though."

She patted his arm. "In that case, I hope you will be more focused from now on."

The boy nodded and started to walk away, leaving his visibly disappointed teacher behind.

"Oh Scott, one last thing," he heard as the door was closing behind him. "The next time you choose to express yourself artistically on your clothes, please use something other than your uniform for support, hm?